Friday, January 21, 2011

Day Plus.... Three years

It's hard to believe that it's been three years since my last post. A lot has changed in that time, including a great 2010 in which I got engaged and married!

While it has been three years, I can truly say that my memory of my fight remains crystal clear. The fear and uncertainty flows right back to me whenever my (now annual) checkups roll around. They're not as terrifying as they once were, but they still inevitably send my mind off down unfortunate paths.

My most recent checkup was two weeks ago. My wife, Kara, joined us this time around, but struggled to understand the superstitious routine that we've developed - Friday afternoon checkups, meet in the same part of the parking structure, go through the same door, take the stairs, not the elevator, sit in the same place...  whatever works.

Still clear at three years!