Friday, November 30, 2007

November 29 - Day Minus 6

I am becoming quite friendly with my IV pole. It goes everywhere with me. I am beginning to get a feeling of what having a conjoined twin would be like.

I'll be getting chemo for 7 straight days. This is day number 3. I pretty much slept all day. I had a reaction to one of the side drugs that prevents nausea. We won't be taking that drug anymore. That was the drug that was making me sleepy, so I guess I'll be more alert the rest of the way. Nausea is in check and I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm not risking the food they serve here. That could be dangerous.

It's pretty boring, but the TV's been keeping me company. Drew Carey is doing OK as a replacement for Bob Barker, but he's still a little stiff.

Eventually, my counts will get very low. We're starting to track them daily now. They should bottom out shortly after day 0, then it's up, up, up, and out of here. I keep telling the nurses that I am going home next week. They just laugh at me.

That's all for now... thanks for checking in.