Friday, November 30, 2007

November 30 - Day Minus 5

Things are much better today now that I am off of the anti-nausea drugs that were causing my drowsiness (oh, and mini-seizure). I slept well last night in my big boy bed, only to awaken at 4:30 in the morning. That was OK, since I fell asleep at 7 or 8 the night before.

It was a pretty normal day. After my morning session, I am half way through with the chemo! It's a little milestone that only I am tracking, but it's downhill with the chemo from here. Fortunately, the side effects have been minimal and I am taking the doses without incident. I hope that lasts for the next few days.

I jinxed myself today when I asked my doctor how long I would have to leave the catheter in my chest in. She said probably up until I was released from the hospital, or maybe even a little after that, depending upon my counts. She was wrong. It came out an hour later when I stood up from a chair with my foot on the tube - out it came. They put a mini one in my arm that should get me through the rest of the process. And, yes, I will be more careful going forward.

One more dose coming tonight and off to bed.

Thanks for checking in.