Sunday, December 16, 2007

December 16 - Day Plus 11

I got a great night's sleep last night. I finished some reading at about 2 a.m. and drifted off. The nurse came in at 4 for the nightly blood draw and vitals check. She woke me from a deep sleep with five attempts to take my blood pressure. Seeing I was "awake" at that point, she decided it was a good opportunity to start a conversation. Fortunately, she finished her one-sided conversation, and the blood draw, just before I lost my temper. Unfortunately, I couldn't fall back asleep until 8. I gotta get outta here!

On that note, my numbers continue to improve. We've stopped all meds in anticipation of being released. Providing I can make it 24 hours without a fever or any other complications, I'm on my way home.

My TV highlights for the day are less then scintillating. From 5 to 8 this morning, I watched the non-stop coverage of the biggest blizzard of the century. You would think we got two feet of snow the way the TV coverage sounded. Now, of course, I have not been outside for three weeks, so maybe it was that bad. I highly doubt it, though.

The weather was bad enough to knock out the DirecTV local channels on the TV here for a period of time this afternoon. Fortunately, it was during the Lions game, so I didn't have to witness another debacle.

24 hours with no fever. I told the nurses that no matter what the thermometer says, nothing greater than 98.6 goes on the chart. Just in case, I'm keeping a cup of ice by my bed.

Thanks again for checking in.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Al -
Glad to hear of the continued good news. Glad things are going well and hope you will soon be sprung. Michigan even has a new football coach -- I'm sure that was good news for you.

Continued prayers for a quick recovery and nurses who are mutes.

Mike

dori kesh said...

Just want you to know we're thinking of you! Stay strong!

Love,
Rich & Dori