Monday, December 3, 2007

December 3 - Day Minus 2

Chemo is over! As of 9:30 this morning, I got my last drop of chemo - God willing, forever. Surprisingly, I am still feeling pretty good. I had three pumps connected to my IV pole (which my brother named Wilson after Wilson the volleyball from Castaway) since I checked in. There is now only one, and that'll be with me until I check out. It's a good feeling to have that all behind me.

I have not eaten anything much. I don't feel hungry, so I don't feel like I am missing anything. The food service brings me three meals a day. I have not touched any of it since the first day. They brought meatloaf today. Seriously, who eats meatloaf? It's still sitting on the window sill if you're hungry.

Tomorrow's a day off for rest. Of course, I tried to accelerate the schedule and skip the day off, but they told me I need to let the chemo work its way through my system before getting the cells back. Oh well. I'll try anything to get out of here faster.

Thanks for all of the prayers, good wishes, phone calls, and emails. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support.