Sunday, December 2, 2007

December 2 - Day Minus 3

Well, we're getting there. Six days down and only one to go! And, I'm holding up better than I thought I would be at this point. Only one bout of nausea today, and that was the Lions game. It really turned my stomach. I'm still tolerating the chemo without nausea, though. I have not really eaten anything over the last few days, but I'd rather not press my luck. People tell me I look good, all things considered.

Unfortunately, I believe that these early days are the easy part. My counts are starting to drop, but not as precipitously as they will in the coming days. Everyone laughs at me when I say that I am going home a week after I get my cells reinfused. I just tell them that we all have to have goals.

The people here at Karmanos are very nice and attentive to my needs. I just love my 4 am vitals check! I am not sure they always get my humor and, as a result, they've classified me as "trouble."

The schedule from here is chemo in the morning and then a break until Wednesday. That'll be my "re-birthday" when my cells are reinfused. I am not sure if we'll have cake, but we definitely will next year!