Wednesday, December 19, 2007

December 19 - Day Plus 14

I took a day off from posting and just enjoyed being at home and relaxing. I guess it was quite appropriate that the movie Castaway was on tonight. Unlike Tom Hanks' character in the movie, I was not sad to say goodbye to my Wilson.

After three weeks in a hospital bed, my legs are like noodles. It will take some time to get my strength back. Without Wilson the IV, I can pace comfortably again. That should help build my legs back up. I've been feeling OK and eating pretty regularly. Things don't taste quite right yet. It'll probably be a couple more weeks until that's back to normal.

I owe you a Price is Right update from Monday. There was a priceless moment. A lady was in contestants' row trying to come up with a bid. She was absolutely clueless and kept turning around for help from the audience. Another lady in the first row told her what to bid, and she ended up winning. She turned around, put her hand up in the air, and began jumping up and down in celebration. Her pants fell down! No kidding! They didn't just come down a bit. They came down far enough that CBS had to blur out her backside - a classic moment.

I'll continue to post to this site periodically as I continue on the road to recovery. I cannot tell you how great it is to just be home. Thank you all for the countless emails, phone calls, thoughts, and prayers. Words cannot express my appreciation.

Thanks again for checking in.

4 comments:

Tony B said...

That's such great news that you're home, Al. We will see you soon for sure. Hope the Rodriguez hire was ok for you.

Unknown said...

Al, Glad to hear your home and getting your strength back. Happy Holidays Anne and Gary

Unknown said...

Hey Al,

I just wanted to let you know that Tracey and I have been reading your blog all along. I'm so glad to hear that you are home!

Have a Merry Christmas!

-Nick and Trace

AK said...

Big Al

So happy to hear you are back home. We have been reading your Blog regularly. We have been so moved by your words that we have now started recording the Price is Right on a daily basis.

I can't wait to meet you back in NJ for a little snack with Mark. Nothing better than an open faced Turkey sandwich for a family of 6 and some quality time at the pickle bar!

All our love

Armen, Christine, Nyree and Little Arm